Today I bring to you an exciting snack item based on bread. The idly is crispy at its base and soft on top that gives it a very different feeling in mouth. And a mixture of potato and curd gives it all together a very different flavour. So enjoy making this quick item, serve it hot in breakfast or evening snack.
12 slices of bread (sandwich/ brown/ multi grain bread anything will do depending on your taste). Use a round sharp vessel to cut it in roundals.
Potato: 4 medium sized (Boiled and meshed)
Onion: 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
green chilly: 1 large finely chopped
pepper: 1/2 tspn
fresh coriander: 2 tbspn finely chopped
salt to taste.
Curd: 3/4 cup: beaten, add salt and 1 tspn red chilly flakes.
Butter: 25 gms.
Oil: to roast bread on tawa/ flat pan.
- Mix meshed potatoes, chopped onion, green chilly, coriander,salt and pepper to make the masala (filling).
- Make six balls from the potato masala.
- Take a bread slice(cut in round shape), flatten one ball of potato masala on one side.
- Heat a flat pan/ tawa, put 1 tb spn oil on it and keep the bread with potato masala side facing pan.
- Take another slice of bread , put butter on one side and keep it on the bread on pan with butter side facing down.
- Spread a tbsp of curd on top of this idly.Cover it with a deep plate, so that the curd doesn't stick on cover.
- Cook it in low flame covered for 4-5 minutes. This will make the potato at the bottom crispy and the curd on top seeps in the bread.
- Remove from pan and serve it hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.