Try this as it tastes different from pizza or uttapam.
Dosa batter (Makes 10-12 dozzas) (To prepare dosa batter, soak 2 1/2 cups of boiled rice, 1/2 cup raw rice and 1 cup urad dal for 7-8 hours. Grind rice and dal separately, Mix after grinding , add salt and enough water to get the pouring consistency. Keep it in warm place overnight, or for 8-10 hours for the batter to ferment).
For dozza topping: (5-6 dozza)
Potato boiled: 3-4 medium sized (Meshed, add salt, 1/2 tspn black pepper powder)
capcisum (chopped): 1 large
onion (Chopped): 2 medium
Tomato sauce: 1/2 cup diluted with 2-3 tspn water
butter: 50 gms
cheddar cheese (Grated): 40 grams
Oil: 3-4 tb spn
- Heat a flat pan/ non stick tawa.
- Reduce the flame, put one cup batter and spread it evenly into a thick dosa.
- Top it with two tbspn potato masala, two tbspns capsicum, two tbspn onions.
- Put some butter at 2-3 places, tomato sauce in circles or drops, and top it with grated cheese.
- Circle the dosa with oil, so that it is cooked on edges and can be removed easily later.
- Cover the dozza and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes. The dozza will be cooked and cheese melts like pizza.
- Remove the cover, increase the flame for a minute. This makes the bottom of dozza crispy.
- Nudge at the edges and remove carefully, tranfer to a serving dish and serve hot.