Wheat floor: 4 cups
Gram floor: 3/4 cups
3 cups of chopped methi bhaji (fenugreek leaves)
Oil: 3 tbspn
Green chilly: 1
Ginger: 1/2 inch shoot
Coriander powder: 1 tspn
Garam masala: 1/2 tspn
Rai (mustard seeds): 1/2 tspn
- Crush ginger and green chilly in stone crusher to make a paste, or finely chop them.
- Heat oil, add rai to splutter.
- Add ginger chilly paste, coriander powder and then washed fenugreek leaves.
- Add salt and cook for 5-6 minutes till cooked. Add garam masala and remove it from fire.
- Mix both wheat and gram floor, add cooked fenugreek leaves. Knead it with warm water and make 10 balls from the dough.
- Roll a ball into a 4 inch dia roti, layer it with a coat of oil and then make it into a ball folding the edges in the center.
- Roll this ball into a 8 inch paratha after coating it with wheat floor (palethan).
- Put it on a hot tawa (flat pan) on high flame, roast both the sides on high flame.
- Reduce the flame and layer both the sides with oil . Make it crisp by cooking it on low flame.
- Serve hot with curd chutney.
Make rest of the parathas similarly.