this is a yum preparation...takes very little time , whenever you make idly this can be a side recipe and everyone likes it for the garlic flavour with raw coconut gives it a different touch. Try this....
Will post the pic soon
- Make mini idlies of approx. 200 gms batter ( To prepare approx 500 gms batter soak 1 cup urad dal, 1 tspn methi dana and 2 cups boiled rice over night. Grind it coarsely and keep it in warm place to ferment for 7-8 hours)
- Take 2 cup curd, beat it, add salt to taste.
- Mix in curd: 5-6 flakes of garlic (crushed), 3 tbspn grated raw coconut and idly in curd.
- Temper: heat 1 tbspn oil, add 1 tspn mustard seeds to splitter, 1 chopped green chilly, and 7-8 curry leaves.
- Put the temper on idlys, mix well and keep for 30-40 minutes for idlies to soak in curd.