This yummy recipe makes a good light dinner. It does require some effort but it is worth it...
Dough: To make dough, take 1 cup of white flour (maida), fine semolina (bareek suzi), 1/2 cup curd, 3 tb spn oil and salt. Mix them all. Knead it with warm water, keep it covered with soft wet cloth for 2-3 hours.
Filling: you need
- Cottage cheese (paneer): 200 gms (chopped into 1/2 " cubes)
- capsicum: 2 medium sized (chopped 1/2" size)
- Onion: 2 medium sized (chopped)
- ginger: 1" grated
- garlic: 6-7 flakes finely chopped
- green chilly: 1 large finely chopped
- red chilly: 1 tspn (optional to make it spicy)
- Tomato puree: 4tbspn
- tomato sauce: 4 tbspn
- sugar: 1/2 tspn
- ajonomoto (mono sodium glutamate): 1/2 tspn (optional)
- pepper: 1 tspn
- soya sauce: 1 tspn
- vinegar: 2 tspn
- salt to taste
- Oil: 4 tbspn
You will also need Green Chutney
Make 10 balls from dough and roll them into big chapatis/ pan cakes (around 10" dia). Cook them on both sides over a hot tawa/flat pan . Keep aside.
- Heat Oil.
- Add green chilly, ginger, garlic and saute for half a minute. Add Onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum, cook covered till capsicum is crunchy.
- Add cottage cheese cubes, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and tomato sauce.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper, red chilly powder and ajinomoto. Add soya sauce and vinegar. Mix well
- Take off from fire.
- Divide into ten portions.
- Heat a tawa/ flat pan. Reheat a Chapati/ wrap cover layering it with little oil on both sides.
- Put a layer of green chutney on one side. Put one portion of filling in the centre along the dia, leaving some space on one end to roll back. Roll back this end over filling. Now wrap in the filling by rolling the other two free ends.
- Cover it with tissue paper or foil on the closed end.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.
To make egg wrap, reheat the wrap cover with oil. Take it off. Now beat one egg, add salt and a pinch of red chilly and pepper to it. Put one tspn oil on it on hot pan and spread it to make an omelette of the size of wrap cover. After it is cooked on one side, lay the wrap cover on the other (uncooked) side. Turn over, put a layer of green chutney on the omelette. Add filling and wrap it as above. Serve hot with tomato sauce and green chutney.
Egg rolls make a healthy and tasty item for kids.