Brinjals (Eggplant): 6-7 small sized cut into four pieces (vertically )
ginger (grated): 1tspn
green chilly: 1 chopped
Onion: 2 medium sized (thin long slices )
tomato: 1 large sized (thin long slices)
turmeric powder/ haldi: 1/2 tspn
oil: 4-5 tbspn
mustard seeds: 1/2 tspn
Marinate: 1/2 cup thick curd, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 tspn red chilly powder, 1/2 tspn garam masala, salt
green coriander: for garnishing
- Heat 2 tbspn oil, add brinjal pieces, turmeric powder, salt and saute. Cook covered till brinjals are cooked well. For better taste you can deep fry these brinjals...I avoid deep frying.
- Marinate cooked brinjals. Keep in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat 3 tbspn oil, add mustard seeds, green chilly, ginger and saute onion till they are cooked well.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brinjals pieces and mix well.
- Add the remaining curd mixture from marinate and half cup water, cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving dish and garnish it with chopped coriander