curd: 500 gms
gram flour (besan): 3 tb spn
Fenugreek leaves dried (Kasuri maithi): 3 tbspn
(You can use fresh green leaves also, will need 1/2 cup chopped)
fenugreek seeds (maithi dana): 1/2 tspn
mustard seeds (rai): 1 tspn
asofoetida (heeng): 1 pinch
turmeric powder (haldi powder): 1tsp
coriander powder: 2 tspn
green chilly chopped: 1 large
curry leaves: 8-10
How to proceed:
- Beat curd well, add gram flour and mix well so that no lumps are there.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds to splutter, add green chilly and curry leaves.
- Add fenugreek seeds, asofoetida, coriander powder, turmeric powder and saute.
- Slowly add the curd mixture stirring continously. Add 500 ml water, and keep stirring continuously on high flame till one boil. (The curd will split if you stop stirring)
- Add salt and let the kadhi simmer for 10 minutes on low flame. In between add fenugreek leaves after two-three boils.
- Add garam masala and let it cook for 3-4 minutes or till desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve hot with rice.