Milk (full creme): 1 ltr
Sugar: 5 tbspn
Rice (chawal): 2 tbspn
cardamom: 1 seeds crushed
Makhane (fox nut): 1/2 cup chopped
kishmish (raisins): 15-20
Badaam (almonds): 3-4 for garnishing
- Soak rice in water for 15-20 mins.
- Also soak raisins in water to avoid splitting of milk.
- Heat milk in a thick bottomed pan. Bring to boil and then add sugar.
- After another boil add rice. Let the kheer cook on slow flame for 20-25 mins.
- When it is a little thick, add makane and keep it simmering for another 10 mins
- Once it has reached the desired consistency, add cardamom seed powder, raisins, garnish it with chopped almonds and serve.